This position is responsible for building partnerships and growing the membership of the Washington Autonomous Vehicle Cluster (“WAV-C”) program at the Kitsap Economic Development Alliance (“KEDA”). The primary responsibility is to grow the enrollment and participation of the cluster members all in the aim of creating a thriving, best-in-class innovation cluster in the nascent industry of autonomous and unmanned water vehicles. In this role you will:
Salary and Benefits: Cash compensation of around $85,000 (structured as salary of approximately $80,000 with a $5,400 health insurance stipend). Four weeks of vacation annually, plus all federal holidays.
Schedule: This is a full time position, with a flexible work environment and work schedule based on the needs of the position.
This position reports to the WAV-C Program Manager.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Other desired attributes:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Partnership Growth. Prospect prospective cluster partners across desired stakeholder groups (corporate, entrepreneurial, financial, governmental and academic). Succeed in getting them to join WAV-C and where appropriate, contribute financially. Exceed all associated quantitative monetary and nonmonetary cluster goals for membership. Once new cluster members join, successfully onboard and engage them in a consistent, ongoing manner for buy-in and enthusiastic participation.
2. Outreach and Community Engagement. Conduct outreach and offer opportunities for engagement to a variety of community groups and entities in Kitsap, Washington and beyond, participating in events and holding information sessions where appropriate. Find opportunities for communities and individuals to further engage. Work with the KEDA Communications manager to maintain the WAV-C web presence.
3. Run and Staff Select WAV-C Programming. In consultation with the Program Manager, operate/staff select programming for WAV-C members. Potential such programs include shared innovation infrastructure, entrepreneurship efforts, market development initiatives and joint research projects. You’ll help the WAV-C Program Manager assess the feasibility and potential of such opportunities in advance of their launch.
4. Monthly Reporting (Quantitative, Qualitative and Financial). Submit all required information to the Washington Department of Commerce ICAP monthly, ensuring that WAV-C meets their reporting requirements. Report similarly to KEDA’s Executive Committee and Board monthly, coordinating with the Program Manager. Respond promptly to requests from either party for additional information. Where necessary, work with KEDA’s accounting contractor to report on financial information.
5. Administrative and Other Duties. Other duties as assigned. Address administrative and office duties as needed. Engage with the rest of KEDA regularly, for communications, entrepreneurship and innovation, business development, government contracting and other necessary purposes. Engage in the ongoing core value conversation at KEDA and demonstrate those values in daily work. Despite different programs and interests, KEDA is one team: Support all team members as needed in order to accomplish overall organizational goals.
Application Instructions and Timeline: KEDA will begin reviewing applications beginning April 15 for this role and aims to have this position hired within a month of that date. We encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible. Candidates can apply by submitting a resume and cover letter, including the names and contact details of three professional references with their materials. They will also need to answer the two required questions listed in the online application.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Kitsap Economic Development Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.